Heart Opening for Wholeness ~ Weekend Intensive
with J-P Tamblyn-Sabo
A weekend intensive that will leave you feeling heart-centred, expansive, radiant and connected!
This celebration and exploration of heart-opening yoga practices is centred around a deep-dive into the world of happier, healthier backbends and their counterposes.
In addition to building better backbends we will also explore some of yoga’s other excellent tools for heart-opening, including meditation, pranayama, some of the key philosophical gems of the Bhagavad Gita, and more.
A deeper, more compassionate, whole-hearted connection with yourself and the world around you, both on and off the mat, awaits!
Yoga Teachers can expect to come away from the weekend with
- a better understanding of backbends, how they work (or don’t!), their challenges, and how they can impact yogis, both positively and not-so-positively, when practiced or taught without proper mindfulness
- ideas for how to teach these challenging and exciting poses in ways that are more suited to the needs and challenges of the students at hand
- suitable adjustments for backbends
- an appropriate selection of counter-poses for backbends
- additional heart-opening tools (beyond just MORE backbends!) to support students on the journey to a healthy heart-opened experience.
This weekend intensive has a very FULL schedule!
Yogis attending purely for their own interest and enjoyment are welcome to participate in as many or as few of the weekend’s offerings as they choose.
Yogis using this intensive for Advanced YTT certification are required to participate in all sessions offered on this weekend.
Fees include all yogic adventures, plus delicious vegetarian meals and accommodation in the beautiful natural setting of the Lotus Heart Retreat Centre.
May 25-27 Weekend Intensive – $500
(If registering for multiple weekends – $450 each ~ please email email@example.com for discount)
Eligible as part of our Full Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Full 2018 Advanced YTT program $3250
(Early Bird price – $3000 if paid in full by May 15, 2018)
May 25-27, 2018 ~ Lotus Heart Centre